Due to our continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity for an IT Engineer to join our engineering team near Redruth, Cornwall. Working within a busy operations centre, the successful candidate will provide remote and onsite support to customers, and will be responsible for the installation, migration and maintenance of critical business systems.
Reporting to our Helpdesk Manager, you will have a proven track record working in a similar role and ideally certifications, such as Microsoft MCP, MCSA, MCSE, and Cisco CCNA or CCENT.
You will also be keen to enhance and build upon your skills with a drive to pass further industry certifications.
You should have outstanding communication and customer service skills, building strong trustworthy relationships with clients, whilst taking pride in all your work with high levels of detail.
You should have a calm, methodological approach to projects and troubleshooting, as well as the ability to assess and prioritise issues.
• Experience in a similar 1st/2nd line role
• Great communication skills (in person and via telephone)
• The ability to build rapport within a team of technicians, as well as admin staff and customers
• Must be capable of learning customer networks rapidly. Training will be given, but the ability to learn and adapt quickly is a must
• Punctual, with a systematic approach to problem solving and be able to demonstrate a strong attention to detail
• A full clean UK driving licence is essential. While the role will be based predominantly in our offices in Pool there will be some travel to customer sites
A shift pattern is also part of the role and you will be expected to participate in an on-call rota and undertake some out of hours’ work when necessary
• Experience with Microsoft Windows
• Experience of Microsoft Application Support (such as Microsoft Office Suite)
• Server infrastructure (Windows Server based on Hyper V or VMware, or Small-Business Server and equivalents)
• Working knowledge of networking protocols
• Knowledge of Active Directory and Office 365
• Desktop, Laptop & Printer troubleshooting
• Anti-Virus solutions experience
• Experience in Cloud Services
• Network Design and Planning
• Experience in SharePoint
• Experience in SQL
• £23,000 to £27,000 DoE
• Dynamic, fast-paced working environment
• Generous leave allowance
• Individual personal development scheme
• Rapid progression and promotion for exceptional candidates
Piran Technologies Ltd pride ourselves on our customer led approach to service. We are a leading Managed Services Provider in Cornwall as well as being a Microsoft Tier 1 Gold partner; uniquely to Cornwall, we also hold Cisco Premier Partner status, as well as being a Google G Suite Authorized Re-seller.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org